Valon Saracini was appointed Minister of Economy in July 2011, setting the improvement of the business climate, enhancement of the competitiveness of the Macedonian economy, development of an efficient and stabile energy system, planned and sustainable usage of mineral resources and development of tourism as his priorities during his mandate.
Born on July 24, 1981.
- Minister of Economy
2010 - 2011
- Director of Marketing and Communications, at the University American College Skopje: responsible for preparing a marketing campaign, marketing strategy of UAKS and creating a PR strategy of UAKS, initiation and realization of the activities pertaining to the Business Council and the Alumni Club in accordance with the needs of the business community and UAKS, as well as contacting business groups, government agencies and NGOs.
- Operational Director at the University American College - Skopje: managing the activities of the University and coordinating different sectors, planning and defining the budget and implementation of the plans and budget, establishment of policies and work processes that help in executing activities related to the University, defining, measurement, evaluation and improvement of service quality.
2002 - 2004
- Administrative officer in the Norwegian Refugee Council – Skopje: planning and realization of the activities within the scope of the operations of this non-governmental organization and communication with the public.
- Postgraduate studies, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Governance, Advertisement and Promotion, Marketing Research, Corporate Finance-advanced level at the University American College – Skopje.
- Bachelor in Business Administration Economics – Marketing, Business Strategy and Policy, Marketing Management, Organizational Behavior, Corporate Finance, the University American College – Skopje.
Languages: Albanian (native), Macedonian and English language
- October 2011, Chisinau: Participation at the Ninth meeting of the Ministerial Council of the Energy Community held in Republic of Moldova which presides with the Energy Community during 2011.
- October 2011, Pristine: At the head of the state delegation on the first meeting of the Joint Committee of the Economic Cooperation Agreement between Macedonia and Kosovo, as well as of the business delegation of about 50 business subjects on the Kosovo – Macedonia business forum in Pristine.
- October 2011, London: Member of the Government delegation at the Investment Forum in Great Britain within the frames of the Road Show that was held in London.
- November 2011, Belgrade: Participation on the Summit of the Central European Initiative (CEI) held within the frames of the Serbian presidency with CEI.
- November 2011, Skopje: Participation on the first regional summit into organization of the Macedonian electricity transmission system – operator (MEPSO) in Skopje.
- November 2011, Paris: Participation on the 5-th Session of the Joint Committee of CEFTA with which presided Republic of Kosovo.
- November 2011, Paris: Participation at the Ministerial Conference of the SEE countries into organization of OSCE, the Government of Slovenia and the Regional Council for Cooperation on the topic “Vision for the countries in SEE 2020”.
- December 2011, Tirana: Bilateral meeting with the Minister of Economy Trade and Energy of Republic of Albania, Mr. Nasip Naço in Republic of Albania.
- January 2012, Istanbul: Bilateral meeting with the Minister of Economy of Republic of Turkey Mr. Zafer Caglayan.
- January 2012, Skopje: Bilateral meeting with the Minister of Economy of Republic of Serbia, Mr. Nebojsha Ciric in Republic of Macedonia.
- January 2012, Sofia: Bilateral meeting with the Minister of Economy of Republic of Bulgaria Mr. Trayco Traykov.
- January 2012, Istanbul: Participation at the Road Show in Republic of Turkey as member of the Government delegation lead by the Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.
- February 2012, Copenhagen: Participation at the Informal Council for Competitiveness on invitation of the Denmark’s Minister of Business and Growth Ole Sohn.
- February 2012, Brussels: Working meeting with the President of ASPECT CONSULTING in Brussels.
- February 2012, Kiev: Participation at the Forum for tourism in Ukraine.
- March 2012, Skopje: Meeting with high delegation of PR China that come in official visit of Republic of Macedonia on which were presented also the possibilities for deepening and widening of the economic cooperation.
- March 2012, Skopje: Meeting with the Mexican telecommunications magnate Carlos Slim as part of the Government team during his visit to Republic of Macedonia and within the frames of the Presiding role of Mr. Slim at the meeting of the Commission for broadband internet and digital development in Ohrid.
- May 2012, Skopje: Participation as part of the Government team at the High Level Accession Dialogue with the Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighborhood Policy, Štefan Füle.
- May 2012, Ljubljana: Working meetings with the Minister of Economic Development and Technology of Republic of Slovenia, Radovan Žerjav MSc,, Mr. Igor Šalamon, State Secretary of the Ministry of Infrastructure and space of Republic of Slovenia and the businessmen into organization of the Chamber of Commerce of Slovenia and the Slovenian-Macedonian Business Club.