Elizabeta Kancheska Milevska
Elizabeta Kancheska Milevska – Minister of Culture
Born on June 30, 1970 in Veles, Republic of Macedonia.
July 2008 – present
- Minister of Culture of the Republic of Macedonia.
- State Secretary for Culture in the Ministry of Culture of Republic of Macedonia;
- After the local elections, as a proposal from VMRO-DPMNE, she was elected counselor in the Council of the Municipality of Kisela Voda and later on she was appointed deputy mayor;
- An active member of the Executive Board of the non-governmental organization European Movement of Republic of Macedonia.
- She was employed at the European University – Skopje, as an assistant of: Public Policy, EU Foreign Policy and Common Foreign and Security Policy.
- She works in the Communication Center of VMRO-DPMNE;
- She obtained a certificate from the State Administration Agency for training in the sphere of the historical development of the EU, the institutional organization and legislative principles and actively participates in realization of the trainings organized for the civil servants in the Republic of Macedonia.
- She works in the State Administration Agency as a Head of the Department for European Integration;
- She actively participates in adoption of the National Programme for Culture, in creation and definition of the cultural policy, adoption of a number of laws and by-laws, strengthening the international cooperation and other activities that positively reflected upon the continuation, quantity, and quality of the cultural life in the Republic of Macedonia, during that period of time.
- During the period of her engagement in the Ministry of Culture, apart from the organizational and functional involvement and following all the developments in the sphere of culture, she was also actively involved in all projects of national interest for the culture and realization of a number of capital projects in cooperation with the World Bank, PHARE program, etc.
- State secretary in the Ministry of Culture.
- Counselor to the Minister of Culture, Mr. Ljuben Paunovski.
- Head of the minister’s cabinet, Dimitar Dimitrov, Ph D.
- Holds a managerial position in an export-import private company, in a sphere of economic and law affairs.
- She received M.A. degree in “European Studies for Integration and Communication” at the Faculty of Philosophy, at the University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius” on the topic “Social Protection of the Cultural Heritage in the Context of the Cultural Policy of Republic of Macedonia and the Process fof EU Integration.”
- She graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy - Sociology Department at the University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius”.
- She completed her secondary education at the gymnasium “Josip Broz Tito” in Skopje.