Basic Commissions of the Government of the Republic of Macedonia
• The Commission for Political System reviews proposals for adopting laws, draft-laws and other regulations and general acts in the sphere of the political system, as well as issues regarding the implementation of the policy for enforcement of the laws, other regulations and act of the Parliament and the Government in the sphere of foreign affairs, defense and security and proposes to the Government adequate opinions upon issues from these spheres; issues regarding the organization and implementation of the preparations in the defense sphere that are within the competencies of the Government; issues referring to functioning of the parliamentary democracy and the rule of law; power decentralization and development of local self-government; building of the legal system and legislation; issues from the sphere of internal affairs; judicial system; issues on information system; organization and functioning of the state bodies and public administration reform; approximation of the national policy to European Union policies; approximation of the legal system with European Union legislation; realization of the policy for enforcement of laws ad other regulations of the Parliament and of the Government; as well as other issues of significance for the development of these areas and gives opinions and proposals to the Government for resolving the issues within its competencies.
• The Commission for Economic System and Current Economic Policy reviews proposals for adopting laws, draft-laws and other regulations and general acts in the sphere of the economic system and development policy and it reviews issues referring to: strategic priorities and measures for their realization; encouragement of sustainable economic development and equal physical and regional development, scientific and technical development; defining material, energetic and other balances; protection of environment and sustainable development; finances, tax policy; agriculture; economic relations with foreign countries; world integration processes; integration process of the Republic of Macedonia with the European Union and consolidation of the national policy with European Union policies; urbanism, banking and insurance; credit-monetary policy; foreign exchange and customs policy; credit relations with foreign countries; securities; market and prices; pubic expenditure; technical culture and innovations; follows entire economic movements and proposes measures of economic policy through adoption and implementation of the macro-economic policy; oversees the material position of the economy and public expenditure through adoption and realization of the Budget of the Republic of Macedonia, programs for financing certain activities in the interest of the Republic of Macedonia, (public services from the sphere of material production); housing-communal matters, living standard, tourism, property-legal relations; approximation of the legal system to the European Union legislation and gives opinions and proposals to the Government for resolving the issues within its competencies; as well as other issues significant for development of these areas.
• The Commission for Human Resources and Sustainable Development reviews proposals for adopting laws, draft-laws and other regulations and general acts from the sphere of education, science, art, culture, youth and sports, organization and working conditions in these areas and expert proficiency of the employees in this spheres; employment rate and employment; health care; social security and social insurance; special protection of children; health pension and disabled insurance; social protection of veterans; war invalids and civil war victims; approximation of the legal system to the European Union legislation, organization and working conditions in these areas and expert proficiency of the employees; takes care of the situation and rights of Macedonians living in the neighboring countries and emigrants from Macedonia; helps their cultural development and enhances the relations with them; takes care of the realization of the economic and social rights of the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia abroad; needs for more efficient realization of the reintegration and repatriation of emigrants; providing material and other security of certain categories of emigrants; as well as for other persons for whom it gives an approval for acceptance, assistance and encouragement; reviewing agreements on establishing material obligations of the Republic of Macedonia referring to emigrants and in that direction cooperates with adequate bodies and organizations in the Republic of Macedonia and it gives opinions and proposals to the Government for resolving issues within its competencies.
Commissions Established with a Special Decision of the Government of the Republic of Macedonia
• Commission for Information Technology
• Commission for Fight against Illegal Production, Trafficking and Use of Drugs
• Special Commission for Defining the Condition for Knowledge of Macedonian Language for Obtaining Citizenship of the Republic of Macedonia
• UNESCO National Commission of the Republic of Macedonia
• National Commission for Fight Against Human Trafficking and Illegal Migration in the Republic of Macedonia
Special Commissions of the Government of the Republic of Macedonia
• Commission for Housing and Emigration Issues decides on renting apartments in the ownership of the Republic of Macedonia to persons elected and assigned for performing public and other functions defined by the Constitution and the Law; socially endangered persons and persons having no place to live; in accordance with the Law on Social Protection and the Law on Special Rights of the members of security forces of the Republic of Macedonia and members of their families; to persons whose housing right has terminated in accordance with the Law on Denationalization; persons from areas hit by natural disasters and epidemics, as well as employees in the state bodies, who perform special duties necessary for realization of the basic function of the state body.
• Commission for Assigning reviews issues from the sphere of personnel policy within the Government's competencies; gives opinion to the Government, that is, submits proposals to the Government for assigning, appointing and dismissing from a duty a director of a state administration body and their deputies; general secretary of the Government, his/her deputy and state secretaries; management bodies of public enterprises assigned, that is, appointed by the Government, or who are assigned upon a previous opinion, proposal or in agreement with the Government; takes care of implementing the conclusions of the Government regarding the personnel policy; prepares proposals for decisions on salaries and other benefits of directors and their deputies of a state administration body, general secretary of the Government, his/her deputy and state secretaries; reviews the issues regarding the immunity rights of the Government's members and gives opinion and proposals to the Government for resolving issues within its competencies.
• Commission for Privatization reviews the conditions and the manner of privatization of the state-owned property; proposes legal and other measures for its realization; comprehending the situation of enterprises included in the privatization programs; gives an opinion on development programs that are applicants for financing by the Agency for Privatization, reviews the Annual Program and the Financial Program for work of the Agency for Privatization of the Republic of Macedonia, assesses its work, proposes the way of sale of stocks and shares obtained on the bases of the state-owned capital, separately and along with the stocks and shares issued to the Agency; proposes to the Government to assign representatives in the enterprises, that is, companies in which it has stocks and shares obtained on the basis of the state-owned capital, as well as the stocks and shares issued to the Agency; performs other activities within its competencies stipulated by the Law.
• Commission for Special Production oversees the situation and the development of the production of weapons and military equipment in peace; development and preparation of the basic and additional capacities intended for production of weapons and military equipment, as well as production of medical materials and other products, equipment and services for the needs of the defense.